The European Centre for Democracy and Human Rights (ECDHR) is seeking creative, organized, passionate, and hard-working applicants for a six-month Advocacy Internship based in Brussels, Belgium. Through this program, interns can expect to gain valuable hands-on international advocacy experience through working with the European Parliament and the European Union. We are happy to work with students seeking academic course credit for their work. This is a remote or in-person, unpaid internship that reports directly to the Executive Director.
Start Date: September/ October/ November 2022
- Conduct research on regionally-focused human rights crises and issues in the Arab Gulf region and their relations to the international human rights legal framework;
- Draft policy papers, briefing documents, and advocacy letters to support ECDHR’s mission;
- Assist in ECDHR’s advocacy at the European Parliament, including through outreach and meetings;
- Attend and report on events, briefings, and other relevant meetings during European Parliament sessions;
- Support social media activities and provide administrative support where needed.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision;
- Motivation, strong organizational skills, and ability to be self-starting;
- Proficiency at Microsoft Office and social media platforms, in particular Twitter;
- Ability to commit to 40 hours per week.
- Undergraduate degree in Political Science, International Relations, Law or related field
Languages and Location
- Candidates must be fluent in written and spoken English;
- Candidates must be based in Brussels.
How to apply
For more information about ECDHR, see www.ecdhr.org.
Interested in the position?
Please send us your CV and cover letter in PDF format named SURNAME_Name_CV-CL to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line Brussels Advocacy Intern.